- Track your training and nutrition
- Be able to adjust your training based on performance patterns
- Gain self-awareness and understanding of what actually works
- Reach your goals consistently
- Crucial when training by yourself
As we discussed in "Traps of Training by Yourself", one of the biggest missing links of training by yourself is a lack of self-awareness and proper planning.
The best way to fix it?
Journal your training.
I designed a monthly training journal, where you can schedule your workouts and track your results and performance. I also added a page where you type in your macros and biofeedback in case you want to track them too.
You can claim your FREE copy by following the link at the end of the post, but first, let me show you how to use it:
Short Terminology Overview:
- "Results" - Your current athletic and skill vise results
- "Thoughts and Feelings" - How you felt during the session and your overall thoughts on it.
- "Overall Performance" - How you felt about your performance from 1 to 10
- "Focus Level" - Were you focused? Were you emotional? Were you more in the subconscious or conscious? (more on that here). Rank from 1-10.
Step 1: Create your copy
To edit the journal yourself, you need to create your own copy first.
Once you open the link, go to "file" and "make a copy". After you create your copy, you'll be able to edit the journal.